We are pleased to welcome you to The Clarion Hotel Boldon.
As the situation continues to change, our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our guests and team members. The Clarion Hotel remains open and operational with appropriate measures to protect the health of the community. We are planning for several contingency scenarios and taking decisive, informed action to limit the spread of COVID-19 while ensuring the continuity of business and usual high levels of service.
We will continue to provide updates regularly to inform of additional measures. Effective immediately and until further notice:
- Track and Trace – following government guidelines every guest in all areas must fill in track and trace before entering into any hotel-based activity i.e. dining, leisure, conference, meetings, bedrooms– this is no longer lead name on group, this is every group member. You can either scan QR code or alternatively fill in manual data. This data must be complete and the government require its access.
- Face Masks are required to be worn by both guests and staff in line with new laws introduced by the government it is now mandatory to wear a face mask or face covering in enclosed spaces. You do not need to wear a face covering if you have a legitimate reason not to. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Children under 11
- Because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- To communicate with someone who relies on lip reading
- To avoid harm or injury; to identify yourself
- To eat or drink if necessary
- Hand sanitising stations are located in various key areas within the hotel.
- On Check-in you will receive an arrival letter which is updated weekly that will outline the key procedures in place within the hotel.
- Specific procedures and guidelines for all department and areas are displayed around the hotel and are highlighted on the arrival letter for your convenience.
- We are having daily briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We will increase the sanitation of all areas, focusing on contact points such as but not limited to; door handles, remote controls, menus, dispensers, coffee machines, cruets and chair backs.
- We will only use single use paper for all cleaning processes to prevent recontamination.
- All team members will wash their hands a minimum of every half an hour and prior to handing service equipment and after handling crockery, cutlery or glassware handled by the public.
- All staff have been advised against the use of hand shaking as a greeting.
- Staff advised when going home to wash clothes and have a shower immediately.
- To protect our guests and our team members, any employee showing a sign of a cough or fever will not be permitted to work.
Additional department policies have been introduced including but not limited to the below.
- Rooms staying more than one night will not be serviced – any requirements will be on request and will be left outside the door. Rubbish etc in the room is requested to be put outside by the guest. Any long stay guests can be moved to a clean room on request and subject to availability.
- We have increased the use of sanitiser products within the guest bedroom cleaning process. All touch points in bedrooms to be cleaned and sanitised as per instruction, paying attention to door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, wardrobe doors, mini bar handles etc.
- All public area door handles to be sanitised as often as possible.
- Guest asked to stand behind line at reception and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Signature not needed on registration card – if any details needed, staff will update these.
- TV remotes and phone handles in guest bedrooms have been wrapped in a clear bag for your safety which is replaced when the bedrooms are cleaned.
- Bedroom soft furnishings have been removed to minimise the risk of any potential areas the covid-19 virus could harbour.
- A plated breakfast is provided, your order will be taken by our staff to ensure reduced traffic in the breakfast restaurant area. There is also a ‘Grab and Go Breakfast’ style available if preferred.
- Dinner options are as below:
- Room service - Strictly no contact. Staff are not to enter the room at any point, we ask the guest to take what is needed into the room from the trolley, once finished place outside the room. The Staff members then will walk the corridors after service wearing gloves to clean this away immediately.
- Bar & Restaurant – Table service only in all areas, we kindly ask guests not to approach the bar or restaurant, we will be happy to take your order at the table.
Dining Table sizes must never be more than six people. The only exception is where a family numbers more than six persons or is part of a support bubble.
All tables in both the bar and restaurant are following social distancing guidelines and are cleaned and sanitised after every guest, this includes the tops of chairs. Paper disposable napkins and menus are used throughout.
- Central Courtyard – If dining in the Central Courtyard please ensure that your read the policy for this area. Dining Table sizes must never be more than six people. The only exception is where a family numbers more than six persons or is part of a support bubble.
- No Standing is permitted in dining areas internally or externally, no mixing or approaching other tables is permitted.
- All equipment used in the service of food to customers will be sanitised prior to re-use.
- We will continue to adjust the food and beverage service and menu selection in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- Our kitchen team follow a strict cleaning and sanitation process as standard and this will always continue to be adhered to.
- No additional guests or visitors other than what is booked are permitted to enter or stay at the hotel.
- Payments – are only by card or room charge, cash transactions in the hotel are not available
- Leisure Facilities – open following government guidelines, please read the policy for Boldon Fitness.
- A maximum of 2 people should use the lift.
- Any public area doors able to be wedged open without creating a fire risk have been to minimise high risk potential touch points.
- Signage and leaflets have been brought back to an absolute minimum.
Any guests identified with Corona Virus symptoms will be required to self-isolate and should there be any doubt as to a guest’s health whilst staying with us, or when checking in, they will be required to report to the NHS directly with our assistance as required.
We ask that you take these steps, which are consistent with government advice:
- Please do not come to the hotel if you have had a persistent new cough or a fever (Temperature above 37.8C). Follow government advice and self-isolate for 7 days.
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided at the stations in the hotel.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue - then wash your hands with soap and water
- If you think you may have encountered the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
There is a strict zero tolerance for the Covid-19 Policies in place for both guests and staff.
We are closely monitoring government guidelines and will keep our policy as current as possible. If new advice is given by the government, this policy may be revised.
We recommend the use of travel or events insurance to all our customers, especially in these uncertain times.
Updated September 2020