It has been great to welcome all of our members back since opening our doors on the 27th July 2020.
Following government guidelines, we have implemented additional measures to ensure both you and the staff will remain safe whilst you are able to do what you love!
We will be following advice from Public Health England and will review our social distancing procedures regularly.
The current leisure club procedures are in line with the government tiered system:
Tier 1 - Medium
Tier 2 - High
Tier 3 - Very high
For additional information please visit the government website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The features of the procedures in place follow the governments key message that everybody observes the following key behaviours:
- HANDS - Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- FACE - Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- SPACE - Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors).
We ask that whilst you are with us you use a sensible approach to personal space and follow the below:
- Track and Trace – following government guidelines every guest in all areas must fill in track and trace before entering into hotel-based activity or the leisure club facility – this is no longer lead name on group, this is every group member. You can either scan QR code or alternatively fill in manual data. This data must be complete and the government require its access.
- Face Masks are required to be worn by both guests and staff in line with new laws introduced by the government it is now mandatory to wear a face mask or face covering in enclosed spaces. You do not need to wear a face covering if you have a legitimate reason not to. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Children under 11
- Because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
- To communicate with someone who relies on lip reading
- To avoid harm or injury; to identify yourself
- To eat or drink if necessary
- Social Distance - We have redesigned the gym floor, spacing out cardio and resistance equipment to provide you with effective and safe workout areas. Please ensure whilst using the facility the required distance is kept with those not in your bubble. You do not need to socially distance from anyone in your household bubble or anyone in your legally-permitted support bubble.
- Pool-side - The pool-side area can be booked as one facility which will be open for both members and hotel guests, all on a pre-booked basis to actively manage bather numbers.
- The Jacuzzi will be limited to 2 guests at a time, we ask that when the automatic timer times out that you exit the Jacuzzi to allow others an opportunity to use this.
- The sauna and steam room is open on limited numbers. The sauna is limited to 1 guest and the steam room to 2 guests.
- Changing rooms - In the changing rooms a number of lockers will be temporarily taken out of service to enable necessary social distancing.
Our hotel guests are asked to come gym ready and to shower afterwards in their own private rooms.
- Booking system - A simple booking system will be in operation to control maximum numbers in the gym and pool area following Government Guidelines.
This will be on a pre-booked pre-paid basis by calling Boldon Fitness to book your slot.
To deter the spread of the virus, we've upped our cleaning routines and ensured all areas are covered.
- Increased cleaning schedules - Our team will use the relevant cleaning products in all areas, with particular attention being paid to bikes, weights, door handles, lockers and all high-touch surfaces.
- The Leisure Club will be cleaned throughout the sessions by our team. There will also be additional spray sanitiser, disposable blue roll and antibacterial wipes for you to use before and after you have used the equipment. Please use the antibacterial wipes for cleaning resistance equipment. Blue roll and antibacterial spray are available for cleaning hard surface areas such as cardio equipment. Please use these products to deter the spread of the virus.
In addition to the above measures we will ask members to…
- Go contactless - Please help us stay safe by using contactless payments when possible.
- Towels - We encourage all members to bring their own towels. However, towels are still available for hire.
- Respect social distancing rules when in the Facility and Hotel - especially when in close spaces like changing rooms.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Wipe down the gym kit before and after use.
- Not to remove cleaning materials / hand sanitiser from the Club.
- Be patient and observe all health and safety guidance and advice, and if you have any feedback please do contact a member of our team.
Any guests identified with Corona Virus symptoms will be required to self-isolate and should there be any doubt as to a guest’s health whilst staying with us, or when checking in, they will be required to report to the NHS directly with our assistance as required.
We ask that you take these steps, which are consistent with government advice:
- Please do not come to the hotel if you have had a persistent new cough or a fever (Temperature above 37.8C). Follow government advice and self-isolate for 7 days.
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided at the stations in the hotel.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue - then wash your hands with soap and water
- If you think you may have encountered the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
How will the booking system work?
We will try to make the booking process as smooth as possible for all our guests to allow an enjoyable experience.
Booking slots will be available from; Monday to Friday – 06:00am till 21:00pm, Saturday and Sunday 08:00am till 21:00pm. To make a booking please call the Hotel or Leisure Club on 0191 519 199.
The following will be applied:
- Booking slots will now be reduced to 45min
- Bookings will be made separately for the Pool and Gym areas
- You will be able to book up to two slots a day, this can be in any variation between the Pool and the Gym, for example, Gym-Gym, Gym-Pool or Pool-Pool
- Bookings will be limited to 8 members in the gym and 5 members in the pool
We will be running an ‘opening promotion’ and reduce our day pass by 25%. Therefore, the cost will be £7.50 per slot which will need to be paid on booking by card.
Updated November 2020